SiTime’s Emerald Platform Stratum 3E OCXOs and Digitally Controlled OCXOs solve the long-standing problems involved in the use of quartz OCXOs, which include sensitivity to environmental conditions, the requirement for protective components, and difficulty of use.
The SiT6731EB evaluation board is for use with the SiTime Emerald OCXOs that are in a 10-pin package. This platform enables the evaluation of the key functions of these OCXOs. An SMA output provides a direct connection to measurement equipment. The board features probing points for accurate waveform measurement, a connector for current measurement, and provision for an interface connector for future I2C control.
SiTime’s Emerald OCXOs are the most compact devices in their class, and require fewer supporting components. They provide high dynamic performance and enhanced system robustness in electromechanically noisy environments.
This high performance enables users to minimise timing errors in synchronisation applications in equipment such as:
- SONET/SDH Stratum 3E
- 4G/5G RRH, DU
- IEEE 1588 boundary clocks and grandmasters
- Macro base stations
- Optical transport
- Digital switching
- Test instrumentation
- Synchronous ethernet
- Carrier class routers
SiTime’s Emerald OCXOs are programmable from 1 MHz to 60 MHz, which eases inventory management of devices used across a range of end products. The Emerald Platform also includes the industry’s only fully digitally controlled OCXO, which offers frequency control at ultra-fine resolution.
Key features include:
- Exceptional dynamic stability under airflow, fast temperature ramp, vibration, and board bending.
- ±5 ppb to ±8 ppb over-temperature stability (±3 ppb available on request)
- ±40 ppt/°C frequency slope (ΔF/ΔT)
- 2 x 10-11 ADEV at 10 seconds averaging time, under airflow
- ±0.6 ppb typical daily aging
- Fully digital I2C frequency tuning, ±5 ppt pulling resolution
- On-chip regulators for power supply noise filtering
- LVCMOS or clipped sine wave output
- No activity dips or micro jumps
More information on the SiT6731EB evaluation board can be found in this user manual, and additional specifications for the Emerald OXCOs are available on request.