SiTime’s SiT9514x Cascade ClockSoC™ products consolidate multiple clock ICs and oscillators into a single device. The SiT9514x devices include clock generators, jitter cleaners, and network synchronizers that support up to four clock inputs and up to 11 differential or 22 single-ended clock outputs. The derivation of clock outputs from the SiT9514x’s four PLLs provides for flexible frequency planning.
SiTime provides the SiT6503EB evaluation board to support the evaluation of various programmable clock generator, jitter cleaner, and networking synchroniser products in the Cascade family: the SiT95141, SiT95143, SiT95145, and SiT95148.
In the ClockSoC family, the Cascade SiT95141 is a single-chip MEMS clock generator optimised for the highest level of clock tree integration. This device supports four additional clock inputs with Frac-N dividers, enabling virtually any input-to-output frequency translation configuration from 8 kHz to 2.1 GHz. As with SiTime’s other MEMS timing devices, this device eliminates the traditional clock dependency on crystal references and the quartz-related issues that come with that technology.
Examples of improved system robustness resulting from the use of the SiT9514x include:
- Always accurate clock synthesis through the elimination of crystal capacitive mismatch
- Always reliable startup even at cold temperatures and in other harsh environmental conditions
- Elimination of jitter degradation caused by noise coupling onto a crystal interface
- Elimination of the activity dips/frequency jumps inherent with quartz timing components
- 10x higher resistance to vibration and board bending
SiTime’s ClockSoCs are fully programmable via an I2C/SPI interface for the selection of the input-to-output frequency translations and associated jitter attenuation loop bandwidths. These devices provide excellent jitter performance while working reliably at ambient temperatures from -40°C to 85°C. On-chip programmable non-volatile memory allows for factory pre-programmed devices that power up with a known configuration, whether for 5G or wireline telecoms equipment, datacentre infrastructure, broadcast video equipment, or instrumentation.
The SiT6503EB can be powered via the USB port or an external power supply and features:
- Programmable VDDO supplies for 11 outputs selectable from 3.3 V, 2.5 V, or 1.8 V
- Edge-mounted high-bandwidth SMA connectors for each of the 11 outputs
- Four pairs of SMA connectors for external differential or single-ended clock inputs
- Full configuration flexibility using Windows-hosted TimeMaster software
More information on individual Cascade ClockSoC devices or the SiT6503EB evaluation board is available on request.